A Thread of Hope Privacy Notice
Updated December 12, 2009
Our Commitment to Privacy
Because protecting the privacy of site visitors, including our customers, employees, and potential employees, is important to us, does not sell, trade, rent, give or distribute information about you or your account to any third party. A Thread of Hope does not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily provide it. At any time, before you submit, you may opt-out of providing such information by closing the Web site. Examples of personally identifiable information which you may provide to us while using our site include:
• E-mail address
• Phone number
• Account number (if you are a current customer)
• Information about your computer and browser
• E-billing information that is linked to you via your password, if you use those services.
In general, when you visit athreadofhope.org, to read or download information such as our brochures, we collect and store only the following generic information about your visit:
• the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com if you are connecting from an America Online account)
• the date and time of access to our website
• the path taken through our website
• the Internet address of the website which linked directly to our site This data does not include any personal information or details.
The Way We Use Information
We use the personally identifiable information you provide to:
• Fulfill your request
• Help you quickly find and/or receive information about A Thread of Hope
• Alert you to updated information and services
• Provide more complete service
• Improve the content of our Web site
• Answer your questions
We do not share this information with outside parties. We use non-identifying and aggregate information about site visitors to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not shared with outside parties.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment to Data Security
While no security system is absolutely safe, A Thread of Hope takes reasonable precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration and destruction. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In some areas of our Web site, we require a user ID and password for you to access certain information. A Thread of Hope will not disclose passwords to third parties. However, you are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your password.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive or in your computer's memory containing information about your visit. This makes it more convenient for users by allowing them to visit pages within a site without having to input personal information every time they click a link within the website.